Monday, August 1, 2011

Weekend visit

We had so much fun this past weekend with our Grandson's.  They came to visit and WOW...they have grown so much.   I just wanted to hug and squeeze them the entire time. But that is not going to happen with 6 yr olds..no way.  That hugging thing is "yuckie"....lol.

We had a bonfire and roasted marshmellows, until they burned their sticks...oh well.  Play with firs, burn your stick, no more marshmellows....

So, they moved onto tearing off the bark from the fire wood and tossed it in the fire.  That kept them busy for an hour.  It is so interesting to watch and see what peaks their interests.  Pulling bark of wood would not be one of my "fun" times.....lol



My Daughter-in-law had a baby shower (we are going to have a girl...YAHOO) and with all the gifts that she and the baby were getting, I was worried the boys would feel left out.  So, I bought them new back packs for school.  They will be in the first grade this year.  They wore those back packs the entire visit....I guess I did good....

No comments :

Post a Comment